Deployment Engineer @ NYC
About The Position
Our Team’s mission statement:
We are on a mission to harness the collective intelligence of humanity to solve the world's most impactful problems. We created an AI-powered problem-solving engine capable of coming up with creative ideas, hypotheses and solutions for a broad range of problem domains and industries, thus enabling social and business impact – worldwide.
We are looking for a Deployment Engineer to make an impact managing and overseeing the deployments, upgrades and support of SparkBeyond’s technology across multiple client engagements.
What will you do?
- Configure, manage, deploy and monitor SparkBeyond’s state-of-the-art AI powered engine.
- Provide application and operating system support services to customers.
- Analyze and troubleshoot complex issues in a dynamic production environment (Linux environment).
- Direct communication with users about their Sparkbeyond deployment, data engineering needs and requirements.
- Support data management activities such as load and transfer of Big data between variety of infrastructure.
- Work with a variety of technologies, methods, platforms and practices both on cloud and on-premises (e.g. ELK, Prometheus, InfluxDB, Grafana, Python).
What will you need?
- 5+ years experience with system administration of Linux operating systems (Ubuntu / Centos)
- 5+ years of experience in Scripting Languages: Bash, Python, R and SQL
- 3+ years of experience in Containers (ie Docker), Apache Spark, Hadoop
- Deep understanding of extract, transform and load tools and REST-oriented APIs for creating and managing data integration jobs
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related quantitative field and preferably 2+ years relevant experience.
- Experience with Azure, AWS/EC2, Google cloud or other cloud-based services.
- Demonstrated knowledge of cloud computing, including virtualization, hosted services, multi-tenant cloud infrastructures, storage systems and content delivery network.
- Experience in managing stakeholders and working in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects.
This is a full-time, salaried position, located on-site at our office in New York City. We offer health insurance for you and your family, a 401k, team lunches, and a pet friendly office environment.