Deployment Engineer - NYC
About The Position
Our Team's mission statement:
Our team is responsible for the deployment, operations and integration of Sparkbeyond unique state-of-the-art AI powered engine in customer environment, rapidly, reliably and according to the highest standards.
What will you do?
- Deploy, configure, manage and monitor SparkBeyond systems using cutting edge technologies.
- Provide application and operating system support services to customers.
- Analyze and troubleshoot complex issues in a dynamic production environment (Linux environment).
- Direct communication with users about their Sparkbeyond deployment, data engineering needs and requirements.
- Support data management activities such as load and transfer of Big data between variety of infrastructure.
- Work with a variety of technologies, methods, platforms and practices both on cloud and on-premises (e.g. ELK, Prometheus, InfluxDB, Grafana, Python).
What will you need?
- 5+ years experience with system administration of Linux operating systems (Ubuntu / Centos / RHEL).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related technical discipline (Master’s degree is a plus).
- Significant scripting abilities with the following script languages: Bash, Python, SQL – must.
- Other languages – a plus.
- 3+ years in customers facing roles (IT and business).
- Experience with Azure, AWS/EC2 ,Google cloud or other cloud based services.
- Experience with SQL experience (e.g. Postgresql, Mongo and other DB).
- Respond to and resolve support requests.
- Hands on experience with configuration of production environments.
- Hands on experience in monitoring/reporting frameworks- Prometheus / ELK /other.
- Experience with Configuration management frameworks (Ansible advantage).
- Experience of managing stakeholders and working in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects.
- Working on Machine learning / analytics platforms
- Experience with containers (Dockers)