Impact Manager @NYC
About The Position
Our Team’s Mission Statement:
We are the face of SparkBeyond, building relationships, translating business needs, and guaranteeing our clients’ success. Working across countless industries and domains, we provide our clients and data scientists with a close, supportive, end to end partnership, thus enabling both to focus on maximizing our revolutionary discoveries and driving the most business value out of them.
The Ideal Candidate Should:
- Be a domain expert; understand the key challenges, opportunities, and operational metrics of one (or several) domains such as Telco / Banking / Insurance / Media / Pharma and their impact on financial performance. A familiarity with potential use cases for Advanced Analytics/AI/ML within these domains is highly desirable.
- Be an analytical thinker; have strong acumen in quantitative analytics and structured problem solving; ability to qualify use cases for Advanced Analytics/AI/ML, interpret model results, and identify potential model errors. Work experience in data-science or machine learning is a BIG plus.
- Be a project manager; able to direct an analytics project from ideation through production and deployment, working with C-level executives, technical end users, and everyone in-between.
- Be an owner; have the enthusiasm, commitment, business savvy, and street smarts needed to navigate the many business, technical, organizational, and change-management roadblocks that can emerge during a client engagement.
What Will You Do?
- Be SparkBeyond’s ambassador by building, developing, and evolving strategic global client relationships across industries, with particular emphasis on the Telco / Banking / Insurance / Media / Pharma domains.
- Identify opportunities to solve our clients’ toughest business challenges by driving value generating engagements powered by SparkBeyond’s AI-research engine and data science team.
- Lead multiple engagements, facilitate client relationships, and enable delivery of analytical projects.
- Determine and manage to tight project milestones, forecasting the efforts and tools needed to achieve the mutually agreed upon business outcomes of our engagements.
- Translate business needs and initiatives into internal guidelines and roadmaps for stakeholders - i.e., planning, benefits tracking, reporting, presentation, stakeholder engagement, influence, and soft-skills.
- Orchestrate the work of remote and onsite teams of data scientists, engineers, and other roles for deliverables, meetings, issue resolution, and problem-solving.
- Support our data scientists before, during, and after engagements, providing guidance and context, program and project management, and an escalation path to senior clients.
What Will You Need?
- 5-7 years of experience in direct client management with Telco / Banking / Insurance / Media / Pharma domain expertise.
- 7-10 years of work experience, preferably analytics experience and/or experience in a client-facing role.
- Bachelor’s Degree required (STEM, Business, Economics or equivalent). MBA is a plus.
- Strong analytical/logical thinking skills and clarity of thought.
- A proven ability to work in a team and go the extra mile.
- Passion for data with a thorough understanding of how data-driven decision making transforms a product or business.
- Understanding of how analytics organizations operate within a Fortune 500 company.
- Strong technical aptitude and attention to detail; can confidently project manage a technical project with many moving pieces.