Senior Backend Engineer- Infrastructure Team
About The Position
In our team, we craft product infrastructure, which is the foundation of our state-of-the-art AI engine. We optimize and solve problems of scale, ultimately enabling our customers to make revolutionary breakthroughs and discoveries. We work closely with other teams: algorithms and frontend.
What will you do?
Become part of the AI world on a deeper level you’ve ever experienced before:
- Focus on functional programming in Scala in backend and infrastructure.
- Build runtime environment for cutting-edge data science algorithms.
- Handle vast data volumes, stored in memory, various databases, and file systems.
- Design APIs and interface with solution components: web frontend, Python/R SDKs.
- Optimize memory and CPU usage, investigate and solve efficiency challenges.
- Improve data ingestion and analysis processes within the platform.
- Show leadership and ownership of end to end product features.
- Have fun and be proud of your code!
- Scala + Java 8
- SDKs in Python and R
- PostgreSQL and MongoDB
- Product infrastructure on AWS / Azure / cluster
- CI/CD on Jenkins and GitHub
- Extensive use of Akka
- Data science with SciKit, TensorFlow, Keras, Weka, H2O, MLlib
What will you need?
We’re looking for exceptional candidates who are passionate, knowledgeable and opinionated about software. We’re counting on your significant contribution and promise in return you’ll have people to learn from.
You’ll also need:
- Solid engineering background: at least 5 years of experience developing in Scala/Java in your most recent positions
- Profound understanding of efficient code architecture and memory optimization
- Ability to lead technology initiatives
- Advantage: experience with handling large datasets
- Advantage: experience in algorithms or data science