Director of Data Science @ London
About The Position
Our Team’s mission statement:
We bring our unique product to life in the real world.
Working across countless industries and domains, equipped with our high expertise and unique set of skills, we enable our clients to drive the most business value out of our engine and maximize the revolutionary discoveries it provides.
What will you do?
- Lead and Manage a team of data scientist to establish a high performing site with key talents fully engaged to deliver valued data and analytics deliverables.
- Provide guidance, strategy and oversight for data-related aspects in the EMEA region.
- Identity, establish and maintain engaging partner and vendor relationships ensuring that Sparkbeyond’s data asset and business value is unique, relevant and actionable.
- Be the face of the company and our product, representing Sparkbeyond on various occasions and directly interfacing with our partners across the EMEA.
- Work closely with internal global teams including R&D, Operation, Business Development and Data Science to identify, design, build and deploy compelling capabilities with technology and processes that meet agreed to client and internal service level.
- Participate in the hiring and recruiting efforts.
What will you need?
- A minimum of an MS/ MSc in mathematics, computer science, statistics or a related field required (Ph.D is an advantage).
- Management experience in managing Machine Learning/Data Science teams or large-scale projects in those fields.
- Customer facing experience and excellent presentation and storytelling skills
- Hands-on experience with Machine Learning techniques (classification, regressions, feature selection etc.)
- Programming skills that allow you to be self-sufficient in handling data (Python, SQL, Scala, Java)
- Hands-on experience with large datasets and distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop, Spark)
- Hands-on experience with statistical tools or packages (R / RapidMiner / Scikit)