Data Scientist @ London
About The Position
Our team’s mission statement:
We bring our unique product to life in the real world. Working across countless industries and domains, equipped with our high expertise and unique set of skills, we enable our clients to drive the most business value out of our engine and maximize the revolutionary discoveries it provides.
What will you do?
- Solve various problems and make a true impact across unlimited domains and industries (Financial Risk, Health, Ecommerce, Marketing, Oil & Gas Exploration and more.).
- Deliver business value by translating complex data into meaningful insights.
- Be the face of the company and the product directly interfacing with our partners around the globe.
- Partner with our customers’ Data Science teams, helping them optimize their use of SparkBeyond’s Discovery Platform.
- Work directly with our in-house team comprised of the brightest minds in technology, research and mathematics as well as senior interfaces from leading companies across the globe (fortune 500 companies and many others).
- Use your analytical skills and deep product understanding to consult our partners and provide them with advice and input of the highest quality.
What will you need?
- 4+ years of relevant experience in Data Science
- MS/PhD in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics, Bioinformatics or another quantitative field
- Proven experience in translating business challenges into data pipelines & model framework
- Customer facing experience and excellent presentation and communication skill
- Experience with Machine Learning techniques (classification, regressions, feature selection etc.)
- Programming skills that allow you to be self-sufficient in handling data (Python, SQL, Scala, Java)
- Experience with large datasets and distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop, Spark)
- Experience with statistical tools or packages (R / RapidMiner / Scikit)